Wednesday 6 April 2011

Automatic

As I continue with my new body of work "Little Gifts" it evolves softly with new elements being added in all the time. I have been working on a few textual pieces over the last three weeks and have only felt ready now, to upload an example of what they look like. The pieces of text are automatic writing, pieces of text which simply express my thoughts as and when I write them. They are raw, unedited and honest and at times disclose my deepest thoughts and all the emotions that are brought up through that. They are written on an old typewriter, the sound, motion and action of this feels so right for the content of this series. I have already produced 6 and will continue to do so, as and when it feels right.

Image copyright Melinda Gibson 2011.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive