Tuesday 7 January 2014

Archive: Record, Catalyst, Fiction - Talk at The London Art Fair Friday 17th January 4-5pm



I am very pleased to announce that I am 1 of the 4 Panelists, which include Martin Barnes, (Senior Curator of Photography V&A), Pete James (Birmingham Library) and Artist/Archivist Ania Dabrowska talking about the role of the Archive. 

Chaired by the wonderful Sue Steward, the talk titled, "Archive: Record, Catalyst, Fiction" will focus on the notion that, Archives are no longer easily defined and this discussion encompasses a range of approaches: from the historical and institutional; the personal and family record; fictional narrative; digital repository and artists using found images as a catalyst for extraordinary projects.

I will be talking about my Archive influenced projects, from my last publication, "Miss Titus Becomes A Regular Army Mac"  to my long developing collaborative project with Thomas Sauvin and his much acclaimed Silvermine Archive. I will be showing imagery from the Sauvin Archive which is unseen from my residency in Beijing and discuss the future our collaborative project, which will debut later this year.

It's a talk not to be missed with some incredibly insightful and extraordinary visions, see here for pre booking information: http://www.londonartfair.co.uk/page.cfm/Action=Form/FormID=73/t=m

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive