Saturday 14 February 2015

Somatotopic Organisation Of Emotions Study

As the weeks fly by, this year is already shaping up to be quite an exciting one, with many adventures, investigations and experiments taking place! As my research continues for my new series, I have been partaking in some very interactive experiments at City University under the watchful eye and one of the study organisers, the wonderful Dr Alex Sel. 

The latest study was the Somatotopic organisation of emotions and its cortical dynamics. Wearing an Electroeneohalogram cap (EEG) I was asked to sit in a electronically shielded area and look at a computer screen, of which a series of small faces were presented on a black background. At the same time I felt small taps on my finger and toe. It was an ever inspirational 2 hours and I always feel so humbled to be part of such studies. More to come soon...

No comments:

Post a Comment

Blog Archive